Monday, March 29, 2010

WHAT'S GOING ON? : Don't Let the Bedbugs Bite!

After a week away from the computer because my mother was in town, I was excited to find an email from my editor at Shenanigan Books, Mary Watson. She was kind enough to let me know she has sent my manuscript for DON'T LET THE BEDBUGS BITE! out to an illustrator today. Of course I immediately googled the woman to see some of her work. All I can say is, "Yeah baby!"

I am absolutely thrilled to see what she comes up with. "Bedbugs" is a fun book and the illustration possibilities are endless! I can NOT wait to get a look at her interpretation. For those of you who are not familiar with Shenanigan Books, you should be. Here's the link: http://www.shenaniganbooks.com/, look them up. Their books are gorgeous!

I'm looking forward to a wonderful experience and am honored to be part of Shenanigan's list. I'll keep you posted as the process moves forward.

Thanks,

Niki Masse Schoenfeldt

7 comments:

  1. Congrats Niki -- how fun to see your book come alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niki,

    How exciting! Are you allowed to name the illustrator at this point? I look forward to following your updates.

    Linda A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see it in print.

    Blessings,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Niki,
    It is exciting to hear that your book is with the illustrator. I'll bet the illustrator is equally excited to be starting on your clever book. Thanks for letting us know the progress. One day hopefully, it'll be me writing telling you the same kind of scenario about my books.
    Do something good for yourself today. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the good news, Niki! It's so great that your manuscript is being handled by such capable hands. Can you tell us who your illustrator is?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Its great to have a supportive group of folks to surround me! I appreciate each of you.

    Linda, I'm not sure if I can tell you who the illustrator is as I'm not sure if it has been made official yet. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag. As soon as I know exactly what's up, I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah Niki! I can't wait, either. Proud of you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in and posting your comments. I hope that by networking together we'll become better at our craft.