Thursday, January 29, 2009

SCBWI WINTER CONFERENCE 2009


Excitement isn’t a big enough word for the opportunity I am about to partake in. I created THE FRACTURED KEYBOARD as a place for writers to come and share what they’ve learned; on their own, through classes, workshops, conferences, and other outlets. Tomorrow, I am heading to the equivalent of Oz for us writers. Yes, I am talking about the publishing capital of the world; NEW YORK CITY, baby!

For years, as a SCBWI member, I have dreamed of participating in a national event. Thanks to my wonderful husband and precious kids, my dream is about to become reality as I prepare for the SCBWI Winter Conference in the Big Apple.

On Saturday I will be attending three breakout sessions with major editors entitled, THE INSIDE SCOOP: HOW I WORK & WHAT I ACQUIRE. Then, throughout the two-day affair, I will be dazzled by clever and well-connected keynote speakers such as the famous authors Jack Gantos (JOEY PIGZA LOSES CONTROL)and Tomie DePaola (STREGA NONA)or agents, Alyssa Eisner Henkin of Trident Media or Michael Stearns from Firebrand to name a few.

As I converge upon NYC to the Mac Daddy of all conferences (at least from my point of view.) I will think of THE FRACTURED KEYBOARD and its faithful followers and I will come home ready to share my newfound knowledge. So be sure and check back soon, but in the meantime, please wish me a safe and fruitful trip for us all.

Thanks,

Niki

3 comments:

  1. Have fun. Be safe. Learn lots & lots of good stuff to share with the rest of us Mudskippers.

    And thanks for my B-A-M Gift Card. I won! I actually won something!

    It's totally irrelevant that I was the only person to enter, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time Niki! Network like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! The conference was great and informative. I highly recommend it.
    -Niki

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in and posting your comments. I hope that by networking together we'll become better at our craft.